Outstanding Scientific Achievement Award
To recognize outstanding scientific achievement in diabetes research, taking into consideration independence of thought, originality, significance of discovery, and impact on his/her area of research.
Criteria for Selection: (Candidates can be peer or self-nominated.)
- Nominee will have demonstrated significant, independent contribution in their selected area of diabetes research, including diabetes pathogenesis, treatment and/or prevention.
- Nominee must be productively engaged in leading edge diabetes research at the time the award is given.
- Nominee must be less than 50 years of age on January 1 of the award year.
- Nominee must have MD, PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent.
- Both U.S. and non-U.S. residents are eligible for award.
- Contributions and volunteer service to both national and international diabetes organizations and the broader diabetes community may also be taken into consideration.
Lecture/Publication of Lecture:
- Recipient will deliver the Outstanding Scientific Achievement Award Lecture at the 84th Scientific Sessions in Orlando, FL; June 21-24, 2024. (Must be presented in person)
- Recipient will be offered the opportunity to publish lecture in an American Diabetes Association scientific journal.
- The recipient receives a $10,000 honorarium.
- Award includes two round-trip coach airfares and hotel accommodations for the duration of the meeting.
- Includes complimentary registration to Scientific Sessions.
2024 Nomination/Submission Process:
- Nominations must be submitted using the electronic nomination form. All submissions must be received on or before 8pm ET, September 15, 2023.
- Nominations are accepted from any professional member of the American Diabetes Association.
All OSAA nominations must have the following documents uploaded as one .pdf file:
- Letter of nomination/support, wehether peer or self-nominated must be no more than 400 words, signed by no more than 3 individuals. Letter of nomination/support should address criteria for selection.
- Nominee’s biography.
- Nominee’s CV with career and publication highlights.
- Annotated list of the nominees’ 5 most significant publications.
2024 nominations must be submitted using the online submission form.
Questions? Contact Gedeon Topacio, Program Manager, Research & Scientific Programs, by email at email@example.com
The recipient is chosen by the National Scientific & Health Care Achievement Awards Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of the American Diabetes Association, February 2024.