The American Diabetes Association's Membership Advisory Group meets regularly to develop strategies for enhancing the professional membership experience.
Advisory Group Description
The Membership Advisory Group provides expert guidance on the American Diabetes Association’s (ADA’s) Professional Membership Initiative. This group oversees the development and enhancement of ADA’s Professional Membership benefits and strategies. The ADA's Membership Advisory Group meets regularly to develop strategies for enhancing the professional membership experience, including Interest Group engagement, professional awards, and networking opportunities.
Qualifications for Membership:
ADA Professional Member volunteers that represent the multidisciplinary diabetes care team as well as those who represent the research community will be eligible for service on this group.
Advisory Group Charges and Responsibilities:
- Review membership benefit offerings and serve as a sounding board for new benefit ideas
- Vote on applicants for membership-based leadership teams
- Develop the long-term mission of and engagement strategies for ADA’s Interest Groups
- Review membership marketing and communication materials targeting diverse audiences
- Provide insights regarding successful membership management, revenue, growth, and engagement used by related organizations
- Serve as a liaison to Interest Groups by connecting with the Leadership Team on a frequent basis
Advisory Group Commitment:
- Monthly conference calls (60 minutes)
- Regular email communication with the other members of the Membership Advisory Group, via the DiabetesPro Member Forum
- Two-year term (January start)
- One meeting per year at ADA’s Scientific Sessions
- Regular email communication and/or attendance at Interest Group monthly meetings