The American Diabetes Association has tools, resources, and education for you to use to help treat your patients.
Standards of Care in Diabetes
The American Diabetes Association publishes the Standards of in Diabetes annually. These rigorously reviewed recommendations provide clinicians with guidance to prevent and treat diabetes and its complications. In addition to the full Standards of Care, an abridged version edited by primary care providers for primary care providers, is available.
View the Standards of Care in Diabetes and related resources.
Improving Equity and Access to Health Care: How Nontraditional Organizations Can Help Increase Clinical Trial Diversity
This paper focuses on the organization’s efforts around the principle, “The right to participate in clinical trials without fear” from the ADA's Health Equity Bill of Rights. Too often, the communities that most need the drug or medical product are excluded from clinical trial participation, potentially hindering the ability to gauge efficacy and safety. Drugs and treatments used for diabetes and other chronic diseases must be developed in partnership with the communities that will use them, and participating individuals must be protected in the scientific process.
For You in Your Practice
Provide quality care and improve patient outcomes with these evidence-based resources.
- Online and Live Programs - Check out our other continuing education opportunities.
- Clinical Diabetes - Read about the latest trends and innovations in diabetes care and treatment.
- Diabetes Spectrum - Translate current research findings into practical clinical applications.
- Diabetes Core Update - Our podcast features the latest clinically relevant articles published in our four scholarly journals.
Books and Materials
Fill your library with resources written by leading diabetes experts.
- Education Recognition Program - Learn how you can for Diabetes Self-Management Education with our Education recognition Program.
- Resources for Educators - Get tools to help your patients successfully manage their diabetes.
DiabetesPro SmartBrief - Receive your daily diabetes briefing on what is going on in the clinical diabetes community.
For Your Patients
Share these resources to help your patients manage their diabetes.
- Patient Education Library - Download free, reproducible handouts in a variety of languages.
- Free Program for Your Patients - Order free booklets for our program for newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes patients and encourage your patients to enroll in this free year-long program.
- ShopDiabetes.org - Provide your patients with American Diabetes Association brochures and booklets.
- Consumer Guide - The Consumer Guide is a listing of diabetes-related products.