Distinguished International Service in the Cause of Diabetes Award
Honoring outstanding service in the cause of diabetes that has been performed with an international perspective and with international impact. This award recognizes those whose efforts have increased the awareness of the burden of diabetes worldwide to improve the care and lives of those with diabetes. The work specifically supported efforts to increase awareness of the burden of diabetes worldwide and in establishing relationships across diabetes organizations.
Criteria for Selection: (Candidates can be peer or self-nominated.)
- Nominee will demonstrate long-term volunteer service to one or more diabetes-related organizations.
- Broad professional expertise and contributions in diabetes may be recognized – including, but not exclusive to clinical care, research, education, health policy and advocacy.
- Nominee can represent any type of diabetes clinical professional.
- Both U.S. and non-U.S. residents are eligible for award.
- Contributions and volunteer service to both national and international diabetes organizations and the boarder diabetes community may also be taken into consideration.
- There is no lecture associated with this award.
- The recipient receives a $3,000 honorarium.
- Award includes two round-trip coach airfares and hotel accommodations for the duration of the meeting.
- Includes complimentary registration to the 84th Scientific Sessions in Orlando, FL; June 21-24, 2024.
2024 Nomination/Submission Process:
- Nominations must be submitted using the electronic nomination form. All submissions must be received on or before 8pm ET, September 15, 2023.
- Nominations are accepted from any professional member of the American Diabetes Association.
All Rifkin nominations must have the following documents uploaded as one .pdf file:
- Letter of nomination/support must be no more than 400 words and signed by no more than 3 individuals. Letter of nomination/support should address criteria for selection.
- Nominee’s biography
- Nominee’s CV with career highlights and documentation of international contribution.
2024 nominations must be submitted using the online submission form.
Questions? Contact Gedeon Topacio, Program Manager, Research & Scientific Programs, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The recipient is chosen by the National Scientific & Health Care Achievement Awards Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of the American Diabetes Association, February 2024.