Diabetes Education 101 for the Behavioral Health Provider Program
After completion, participants will be eligible to apply for a listing in the ADA Mental Health Provider Referral Directory. Credit from the American Psychological Association and the National Association of Social Workers is provided through the American Diabetes Association.
For any questions, please contact ADA staff at email@example.com
Please click here to access the program!
This course offers:
- Education and guidance on treating patients with diabetes
- Option to be listed in the Mental Health Directory
- 8 CE Credits (APA, ASWB, Certificate of Participation)
- Cost of the program: FREE
- Describe major challenges of living with diabetes that may be the focus of mental health treatment
- Apply general knowledge of diabetes to mental health care of people with diabetes
- Discuss potential roles of mental health professionals in the care of people with diabetes
- Integrate supportive terminology to interactions with people with diabetes and with other healthcare professionals