The 2023 ERP DSMES Symposium is now available On-Demand.
The ERP Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES) virtual Symposium is an accredited healthcare provider continuing education program that will award physicians, physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and certified diabetes care and education specialists that attend 5 CEU’s. The program’s goal is to increase participant access to quality, evidence-based, and sustainable DSMES services.
This program will guide attendees through establishing and maintaining a DSMES service that adheres to the 2022 National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support. It will provide updates on ADA’s Standards of Care which is now a new requirement for CDCES renewal starting in 2025. Additionally, it will cover the requirement for 1 hour of CEU in ethics for CDR recertification. The program is designed for adult learners, is task oriented and interactive.
- When: On-Demand
- Time: This symposium will take 5 hours to complete
- Cost: $150.00
- CEU Opportunity: 5 CEU’s
- Register Now
- Describe the National Standards for DSMES and the requirements to develop a DSMES service, annual requirements and maintain audit ready status.
- Differentiate the role of the professional team member and diabetes community care coordinator in a DSMES service.
- List the preparation steps for a successful DSMES audit.
- Identify best practices, templates, and resources available for the development or improvement of a DSMES service design.
- Practice diabetes care using ethical language.
- Summarize ADA’s Standards of Care in Diabetes-2023
On-Demand: ERP Medicare Diabetes Services Reimbursement Symposium - From Guidance to Multi Practice Models
This Symposium is an accredited healthcare provider continuing education program that will award physicians, physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and certified diabetes care and education specialists that attend 5.5 CEUs. The program’s goal is to increase participant access to quality, evidence-based, and sustainable Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support services.
This course will take a deep dive into billing for DSMT, MNT and other services that are provided to people with diabetes at various locations such as hospitals, physician offices, RD private practice, FQHC, state health departments and pharmacy. Current information on delivery of DSMT via Telehealth will also be discussed. The program is designed for adult learners, is interactive, and promotes networking and best practice sharing.
Additional Resources that can be viewed and downloaded with the on-demand symposium purchase:
- Symposium slide deck
- FAQ from the live meeting
- Exclusive FAQ recordings from the presenters
Medicare Diabetes Services Reimbursement Symposium Information:
- On-demand recording length: 5 hours 15minues
- Cost: $150.00
- CEU Opportunity: 5.5 CEUs
- Where: On-Demand
- Register Now
- Deadline: The on-demand symposium will be available until December 31, 2023
- Identify which NPI should be used to bill for DSMT, MNT, CGM Pro and RPM.
- Describe the difference between billing for DSMT at the following locations: outpatient hospital, physician office, RD private practice, FQHC, and pharmacy. The pharmacy is one of the sites under a state division of public health DSMT program.
- Understand steps required by pharmacies to become Medicare DSMT provider and DSMT billing.
- Be able to navigate the Medicare physician fee schedule and interpret the reimbursement language on it.
- Describe current and post pandemic DSMT and MNT reimbursement telehealth Medicare coverage guidelines in practice at the following DSMES service sites: outpatient hospital, physician office, RD private practice, FQHC, and pharmacy.
- Identify DSMT service sustainability practice pearls.
- Know how to track DSMT and MNT hours as well as when a new referral is required.
- Describe what an E/M code is and become familiarized with billing and coding terminology.
- Locate resource to search licensure and telehealth guidelines for Registered Dietitians providing MNT.
- Locate resource to look up policy on Medicaid and private payer telehealth.
Please email ERP@diabetes.org or call 1.888.232.0822 to reach an Education Recognition Program staff member