This Symposium is an accredited healthcare provider continuing education program that will award physicians, physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and certified diabetes care and education specialists that attend 4.5 CEUs.
- When: October 20, 2023
- Where: Zoom
- Time: 11:00AM – 4:00PM EST
- Cost: $150.00
- CEU Opportunity: 4.5 CEUs
- Registration Coming Soon
Session 1: Diabetes Remission & Lifestyle Update: What Every Clinician Needs to Know - Susan Weiner, MS, RDN, CDN, CDCES, FADCES
- Define criteria to evaluate remission in type 2 diabetes.
- Discuss 3 tools or strategies for eating pattern education for people living with diabetes.
- Describe the clinical impact of physical behaviors in the cardiometabolic health in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Describe strategies to improve sleep quality for people with diabetes.
Session 2: Diabetes Technology in 2023 - Celia Levesque APRN, FNP, CNS-BC, CDCES, BC-ADM
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of CGM.
- Differentiate CGM systems in US market.
- Interpret CGM report to adjust therapy and bill correctly for CGM training/interpretation.
- Discuss smart insulin pens in the US market.
- Discuss use of insulin pumps in the US
- Differentiate insulin pumps on US market.
- Calculate initial insulin pump settings.
- Discuss strategies for successful insulin pump tx
Session 3: Achieving Diabetes Health Equity: Evidence, Challenges, Opportunities, and Resources - Lorena Drago MS, RDN, CDN, CDCES
- Define the concept of health equity, emphasizing the importance of equal access to healthcare.
- Explain how various social determinants social determinants of health (SDOH) significantly influence individual health outcomes.
- Apply concepts of health equity and SDOH and use data and evidence to identify and prioritize health needs and gaps.
On-Demand: ERP Medicare Diabetes Services Reimbursement Symposium - From Guidance to Multi Practice Models
This Symposium is an accredited healthcare provider continuing education program that will award physicians, physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and certified diabetes care and education specialists that attend 5.5 CEUs. The program’s goal is to increase participant access to quality, evidence-based, and sustainable Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support services.
This course will take a deep dive into billing for DSMT, MNT and other services that are provided to people with diabetes at various locations such as hospitals, physician offices, RD private practice, FQHC, state health departments and pharmacy. Current information on delivery of DSMT via Telehealth will also be discussed. The program is designed for adult learners, is interactive, and promotes networking and best practice sharing.
Additional Resources that can be viewed and downloaded with the on-demand symposium purchase:
- Symposium slide deck
- FAQ from the live meeting
- Exclusive FAQ recordings from the presenters
Medicare Diabetes Services Reimbursement Symposium Information:
- On-demand recording length: 5 hours 15minues
- Cost: $150.00
- CEU Opportunity: 5.5 CEUs
- Where: On-Demand
- Register Now
- Deadline: The on-demand symposium will be available until December 31, 2023
- Identify which NPI should be used to bill for DSMT, MNT, CGM Pro and RPM.
- Describe the difference between billing for DSMT at the following locations: outpatient hospital, physician office, RD private practice, FQHC, and pharmacy. The pharmacy is one of the sites under a state division of public health DSMT program.
- Understand steps required by pharmacies to become Medicare DSMT provider and DSMT billing.
- Be able to navigate the Medicare physician fee schedule and interpret the reimbursement language on it.
- Describe current and post pandemic DSMT and MNT reimbursement telehealth Medicare coverage guidelines in practice at the following DSMES service sites: outpatient hospital, physician office, RD private practice, FQHC, and pharmacy.
- Identify DSMT service sustainability practice pearls.
- Know how to track DSMT and MNT hours as well as when a new referral is required.
- Describe what an E/M code is and become familiarized with billing and coding terminology.
- Locate resource to search licensure and telehealth guidelines for Registered Dietitians providing MNT.
- Locate resource to look up policy on Medicaid and private payer telehealth.
Please email ERP@diabetes.org or call 1.888.232.0822 to reach an Education Recognition Program staff member