Updated July 2012
All Association-supported researchers are required to complete a Final Report following the close of the award. Final Reports are due to the Association 60 days following the project end date.
The American Diabetes Association examines these reports to evaluate and publicize positive results resulting from ADA-funded research. Timely submission of Final Reports is highly important, as these are used to determine the effectiveness of the Association's Research Program—both as a department and as an organization striving to find a cure for diabetes.
|FINAL REPORT SUBMISSION DEADLINES
|Award End Date
|Report Due Date
Online Submission of Final Reports
The Association's Final Report process was updated to enable the online submission of required documents through our Grant Management Site. Forms submitted via email will no longer be accepted.
The following documentation must be uploaded and submitted via the online Final Report form. With the exception of the financial portion, the Final Report should be completed by the Principal Investigator (PI).
*Please note: In an effort to continuously promote the work of funded researchers and conduct a program assessment of the Research Program, the Association will contact grant recipients to request updated information within 5 years following the close of the award. If your contact details change or you move to a different institution, please contact email@example.com with your updated information. Your participation is integral to the growth of our funding program. Thank you for your assistance!
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): CV should be updated with all recent grants and publications.
- Financial Report: Use either the 3 Year Financial Report or 5 Year Financial Report based on the terms of your award. The Financial Report must be submitted as an Excel file. PDF copies of the Financial Report will not be accepted
- Subsequent Funding Worksheet: Supplementary worksheet to detail federal, collaborative and other lines of funding.
- Signature Page: The Signature Page must be signed by the Principal Investigator, Postdoctoral Fellow/Student (Training Awards Only), Department Chair, and Financial Officer.
- List of Publications: Provide citation details for all publications associated with your ADA award. A publication associated with your ADA award is defined as a publication which is a direct result of, or includes findings related to, your ADA-funded research.
- Publications: A PDF copy of all submitted manuscripts and published papers relevant to the ADA award should be uploaded with the Final Report.
- Patent Disclosure Form: This form must be completed for all awards where a discovery or invention has been patented, or a patent application has been submitted.
The online Final Report form for your award will be made available online via the Association's Grant Management Site approximately one month prior to the reporting deadline. As the reporting deadline approaches, currently-funded researchers will receive an email notification with portal access details and instructions for Final Report submission.
To complete the Final Report form and upload required files, please log-in to the Grant Management Site with the username and password associated with your award. If you don't remember your password, access the "Forgot Password?" link on the log-in screen to receive an email with your account details. Upon logging in, click the Requirements tab and then click the "Final Report" link (click here for screenshot). Please carefully review the first page of the online Final Report to ensure you are in compliance with all Association requirements.
Required items must be submitted to the Association no later than the Final Report deadline. Hard copies of the Final Report will not be accepted. In the event your complete Final Report is not received on or before the due date, your eligibility for future Association awards may be restricted or all-together denied.
For questions about Final Reports, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.