February 7 - 9, 2014, Hyatt Regency San Francisco
About the Meeting
Plan to join your colleagues and leading diabetes experts in San Francisco, February 7-9 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, for presentations and discussions on cutting-edge clinical research on diabetes. The 61st Annual Advanced Postgraduate Course will cover the latest advances in diabetes treatment and management in both general sessions and interactive, small-group Meet the Expert sessions that are perfect for networking and providing stimulating conversations.
In addition to 14.25 continuing education hours you can earn, the sessions include:
This course is specifically designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitians, pharmacists, psychologists, certified diabetes educators, and other health care professionals who care for patients with diabetes or who manage the complications related to this disease.
At the conclusion of this activity, attendees should be able to:
- Identify the 2014 ADA Standards of Care for classifying, diagnosing, preventing and treating prediabetes and diabetes.
- Apply the findings cited in recent position papers and consensus reports to clinical practice.
- Discuss best practices in working with patients with diabetes in special populations, including children, adolescents, older adults, transitional care, etc...
- List the potential psychological and social effects of persons with diabetes.
- Discuss the pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment options.
- And more!
Registration & Housing
Registration and Housing are open! Register early to take advantage of the early bird rates and for the best selection of Meet the Expert sessions.
Vanessa Jones Briscoe, PhD, NP, CDE
College of Health Sciences
Daytona Beach, Florida
Alison Evert, MS, RD, CDE
Coordinator of Diabetes Educator Programs/ Diabetes Nutrition Educator
University of Washington Medical Center
Camille Izlar, MS,RD, LDN, CDE, BC-ADM
University of North Carolina Diabetes Care Center
Durham, North Carolina
Carolé Mensing, RN, MA, CDE
Designated Nurse Planner
Manager, Clinical and Educational Programs
Joslin Diabetes Center
R. Harsha Rao, MD, FRCP
Professor of Medicine and Program Director, EDM Fellowship Training Program
Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Chief of Endocrinology, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Neil Skolnik, MD
Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Temple University
Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Memorial Hospital
Abington Family Medicine